Mr. Iantosca, CFE is a Board Certified Forensic Examiner. A Certified Handwriting Examiner trained and certified In the identification of handwriting. With seventeen years experience performing, civil, criminal and Forensic Handwriting Examination of documents involving, fraud, homicide, suicide and anonymous sexual harassment letters, questioned signatures, disguised writing/printing, forgery detection and related document examination for attorneys, psychologists, psychiatrists and the private sector.
There is a difference between a Forensic Document Examiner and a Forensic Handwriting Examiner. Both study documents, both are considered Document Examiners. The differences are:
||Any material bearing a representation of the thoughts of men or women by means of any species of conventional mark, or symbols. This is commonly accomplished by pencil, ink writing, typewriting, or printing on paper, cardboard, wood, etc.
|One who studies in a scientific manner the ink chemistry, paper and related elements of disputed documents in order to identify their source and / or to detect and identify other relevant facts concerning them.
|One who studies any or all systems by which words, letters, symbols or characters are produced on any type of surface, such as walls, blackboards, cardboard, wood or paper product of any kind or description. So long as the graphic representations are made by hand. The Handwriting Examiner will detect and identify unique characteristics, subconscious writing habits and idiosyncrasies unique to one writer/person. Handwriting Examiners may or may not have additional and specialized study and training in the related field(s) of ink analysis, paper, typewriters, etc.
1) I will require as many samples of known handwriting / printing from the time period in question to compare to the questioned document(s) from that same time period. A minimum of four (4) standards and/or exemplars are required. Federal Rules of Evidence 902.(a) States was made at or near the time of the occurrence.
If you cannot produce the minimum requirement of four (4) standards and/or exemplars from that same time period, a letter will be required by your office stating the reason why the minimum requirement was not met, allowed by the court.
If the questioned document(s) has a date of March 1, 2006 known samples from all parties involved from that time period are required. One month prior to March 1, 2006; One month after March 1, 2006; if the writer of the questioned document(s) is alive for comparison purposes.
2) Known samples written on similar materials as close in appearance to the questioned document as possible. Checks to checks, lined stationary to lined stationary, etc.
3) Known samples written under the same alleged or known circumstances.
4) Known samples written with a similar writing instrument, ball point pen, to ball point pen, pencil to pencil, flare tip pen, to flare tip pen.
5) Known samples written in the same manner as the questioned document, cursive writing will be compared to cursive writing, hand printing will be compared to hand printing.
6) You will need to produce the original documents for study and examination. If the original documents are not available, you will have to state the reason why in writing to this office. Photocopies would then be acceptable for the investigation, along with your explanation in writing as to why no originals are available, allowed by the court.
7) A medical history of all the parties in question, from that time period. The Attorney will review the medical history and determine if a medical professional is required.
8) Assistance in obtaining additional exemplars as required to successfully complete the investigation.
CERTIFICATION OF AUTHENTICITY AND VERACITY
With respect to each and every document submitted, and made, by the undersigned "Client." The Client certifies under the pains and penalties of perjury to Anthony J. Iantosca, BCFE and the IAFEI as follows:
1) Neither the client nor any agent, servant, employee, party acting by or on behalf of client, has altered, amended, modified, retouched, erased, or otherwise caused any part of a document to appear to be different from the original version.
2) All statements and representations made by client to Anthony J. Iantosca, CFE and IAFEI are true and accurate to the best knowledge and belief of client and may be relied upon for their veracity.
3) Client acknowledges that Anthony J. Iantosca, CFE and IAFEI may elect to terminate the client relationship at any time if the client's representations made herein are determined to be false.
4) The client has received, read and understands the list of Questioned Document procedures listed above. That these procedures must be met for the investigation to continue forward.
Executed under seal on this_________ day of__________, 2018